It’s November 30, which means that today is the last day of #NaBloPoMo. So you’re probably thinking: THANK ZEUS!
I know I am.
I have been just about running dry on ideas. My house needs to be cleaned. My cats are feeling neglected. I’ve got a persistent twitch in my left eyeball.
All the fun things.
So I thought I would close out the month with one post griping about all the things I didn’t do because I was busy with NaBloPoMo.
You are welcome, and thanks for reading this month.
- I didn’t realize (on a conscious level) that tomorrow is December 1st. OH EM GEE. Where did the time go? It is LITERALLY less than a month to Christmas, and I don’t have any Christmas spirit on, whatsoever. My brain is still convinced that Thanksgiving is a couple weeks away. In fact, except for the snow, it could probably pass for July around here. All my ornaments and stuff are still buried in the basement.
- I didn’t remember that we had thrown away our old artificial Christmas tree at the end of last Christmas. It was a really crappy one that we stuffed 150′ of green and gold garland into to prevent one from being able to see all the way through it. So, I have no Christmas tree. Whoops. I guess mommy’s going to buy a real fire hazard for this year!
- I didn’t get caught up on Christmas baking for the blog. Guess what I’m doing today! Hee hee (argh).
- I didn’t get my eyebrows waxed this month. Ain’t nobody’s got time for that! …wow, I am really getting hairy eyebrows. Good news: I’m not rocking a Frida. Bad news: I appear to be rocking a Josh Hartnett.
- I didn’t leave the house for any non-essential purposes. It was cold out anyway. That’s my excuse, and I’m sticking to it. I shunned daylight before it was cool. On the other hand, I did leave the house many times more than I usually do for business purposes, which is a new one on me. I’m expensing mileage, yo.
- I didn’t not touch my computer for a day. It’s a safe bet that I’ve had my hands on this laptop more this month than any other object in my house, which includes my husband and tea mug. I touched it every day. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. And spent many many long hours wearing the keys smooth.
- I didn’t feel any guilt about missing yesterday. My brain has been working triple overtime at the keyboard, and so have my elbows and wrists, which are threatening RSI on me. Considering I’ve double posted some days, I figured I made up for it with my awesomeness. I mean, I spat out a CHRISTMAS POEM about a VIP lounge in about a half an hour, and it was pretty amazeballs, IMO. I would totally read more sponsored posts if they were this cool.
- I haven’t managed to keep a straight train of thought for longer than 10 minutes at a time. What was I talking about? Oh right, that my brain has been short circuiting.
- I didn’t be modest and/or self-censor, beyond keeping the language G. I figure if I have to suffer through #NaBloPoMo, everyone should know exactly what my state of mind is like (please send any hate mail on this score to my friends; they think it’s hilarious). I am actually pretty self-effacing IRL, but it seems that being humble and subtle makes for boring reading. So here, I’m out like Lady Gaga. Except–no meat dresses. Ew.
- I didn’t get a good nights sleep. Not once this entire month. I have been dreaming in blog posts. That isn’t cool.
Ha! My brows didn’t get waxed either. And I’m also dreaming blog posts. 🙂
I missed a few days and I don’t feel guilty either as I was living life!
Food Retro says
Always a good reason to miss it 🙂
I think you did fabulously in what you got out there 🙂
Dreaming in blog posts… the most difficult part of being a blogger.
I survived #NaBloPoMo too. Some days I had to post twice in a day (due to technology problems, no Internet access for a week!). I was thinking of carrying on into December but I am not too sure I can handle the pressure again.
T (@Rangeelichick) says
Congrats on finishing NaBloPoMo! I am super relieved it’s over too! There’s been stuff I have wanted to catch up on the entire month! I am happy I did this though. It pushed me to grow my blog and I am grateful for that. 🙂 Happy Holidays!
Food Retro says
Thank you! I am kind of happy I did it as well. I like to complain about it but there were some nice benefits 🙂