As I am once again late to the table for Super Bowl, it seems appropriate that I’m coming with a fast and easy recipe for Crockpot Buffalo Wing Sandwiches that literally get thrown together in under 5 minutes. As is with the case of many recipes I love best, this one is eminently tweak-able.
You guys, lately I’ve had this problem. It seems like I get out of bed at 7:30, get a coffee, sit down to work…. and it’s 11:30 AM. I am perplexed by this age-time dilation phenomenon, especially as I vividly recall that 1st grade lasted approximately 187 years, and now I’m afraid to blink because I might look up and see that somehow I’ve gotten married to an old fart.
Hubs has already started watching 60 Minutes, so it could happen any day now.
So needless to say, if I started making scratch recipes that took an hour these days, I might Rip Van Winkle myself to kidlet’s highschool graduation. Hence this recipe.
Welp. We gots the football coming up. And I love Super Bowl ala Canada. Canadians watching the Super Bowl basically looks like a bunch of Canadians drinking and having a good time and there being a TV playing the game in the corner that mostly gets ignored.
Lots of food, though! So if you’re going to be like us, heading to a Super Bowl party, here’s a hearty portable tote-able recipe that people can self serve on some fawncy buns with Ranch dressing and Hot Wing Sauce. For an extra kick, top it with some Monterrey Jack. SO. GOOD.
You do the initial cooking in the crockpot, chop up the chicken, and toss it back in the crockpot with some fresh sauce to stay warm. It’s made with boneless skinless chicken thighs for that extra flavour, but you can swap it up with some chicken breasts if you prefer. Just be sure you don’t overcook chicken breasts, even in the crockpot.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 12) or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Ranch Dressing
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Add to the bottom of the crockpot with a couple of tablespoons of Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce. Coat the chicken with the sauce and line the thighs up on the bottom in one layer.
- Cook on HIGH for approximately 2 hours, or low for 4-6 hours, until chicken thighs are cooked through.
- Remove the chicken thighs with a spoon and set aside; discard the majority of the liquid that has accumulated in the crockpot, reserving only a couple tablespoons.
- Coarse chop the chicken thighs and return to the crockpot.
- Add more Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce to desired heat level, and leave crockpot on warm.
- Serve with buns and Ranch dressing (and more sauce, if left mild for the kiddies).
Moar Recipes for Game Day!